Based on the latest development in positive psychology, management and organisational development, Appreciative Inquiry involves 5 distinct steps, each supported by practical tools and enlightening scenarios:
These five steps are:
- The definition of a positive orientation to initiate the approach
- The search for experiments, experiences, and prior successes to identify what gives life to the organisation/group
- The identification of themes that appear or recur in the collection of experiences and successes, and the choice of subjects for later investigation
- The construction of a common vision of the future
- The search for innovative actions to achieve the "common dream"
Whether you’re either head or director of a project, company manager, HR executive, or the supervisor in charge of a small or large team, this approach will help you develop your organization with a view to adapting to change, to eliminate the impediments to your project, to unblock the situations that tend to stop any kind of project, to create a stimulating work environment, to optimise the application of everyone’s talents and to innovate in a spirit of creative collaboration.